Friday, February 18, 2022

Elena and Matt break up??

Several days ago, maybe as many as ten days ago Elena says she and Matt are going to join a gym. Right down the street from her job is a Planet Fitness. In New City, near both of them is a Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness from what I hear is a cheap gym to join, unlike the gym, New York Sports club, I joined back in 2001 or so at the Palisade's Center that cost a hundred or so dollars a month. And you had to join for a year. I used it for a little over a year
and ended it after about eighteen months. The gym they choose to join is in Spring Valley and maybe all the future people who are reading this are asking, "whats wrong with that, Spring Valleys nice." Well Spring Valley has been going down hill for about the entirety of my life. It was the commerical capital of the county in the fifties. My mom and Dad went there when my brother and I were both born. It had everything. Then it started going down hill. I don't know what happened. It could have been the Nanuet Mall opening in 1969 or it could have been one of those things. It wasn't too bad in the 70's when I delivered milk there. And now I'm sorry to say it is not a place to go. But my daughter and Matt decided to join a gym there. I just looked up where it is and I am very familar with the area. I used to have several stops there when I was a
salesman for different milk companies. It's just off the corner of Rt 45 and Rt 59. It's not as bad as I was making it out to be so you can forget everything you just read. The bad parts of Spring Valley are more around, well lets just say I'd rather they don't go there at night. Well this long windy introduction brings me to the closed book of Elena. I'd really like to get to read a few pages of that book one day. I only get glimpse of words and phrases from it every so often. And recently I got a short phrase. Teri comes up to me and says that Elena and Matt have broken up. My reaction is a "Whatt??!!" She'd talked about having a dinosaur wedding when she marries him and he,...except for recently had been over every so often... but there were not fights that I'd heard or saw. Last time they had a fight she came home and went to bed. There was none of that. There was no saddness in her that is new. I felt like I'd missed something, maybe I'd not been looking close enough, I didn't know. In the days that follow I did look closer and I still saw nothing. We invited her to a movie that she would have found boring, but we did want her to be alone at home. She didn't go and when we got home she is fine. Then, I don't know maybe four or five days after they'd broken up Elena says she is heading for the gym. Ah, the
gym, I'd forgotten about the gym. Immediately I tell her she can't go alone. She in an off handed way says, "oh, Matt'll be there." The book of Elena opened for one brief fraction of a second, then slams shut. And all I can think of is...what???? /

No comments:

Post a Comment