Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Boring sometimes is good

I hadn't written anything in close to three weeks. How often can you write that Elena invited Matt over for dinner. Or Nastia went out for dinner after bowling and spent around $100.00 most likely paying for everyone at the table.Bad, Nastia, Bad! Then last Friday, I'm at work and Elena calls telling me her car is making a strange sound.Like what I ask. Well I'm up at Sam's (I'm figuring she's at Sam's club, she's at Good Sam) having lunch with Matt and....It turns out she ran the battery down. I tell her she has to get jumper cables and see if she can get Matt to bring his car over.She says she has all of that. I tell her to pop the hood on both cars and to put red to power on each battery and ground to ground. She says something is blocking the battey. I'm thinking there is a cover on the power side of the
battery. I tell her to pop it off. Matt's car has a cover over the battery and she can't figure out how to remove it.I'm thinking this whole time I want to leave work and take care of this. It's not a life threating situation, but I feel helpless and want to be there to make it better. It was best I didn't. This was a non life threating situation where she can learn and grow from. Matt comes out and shows her how. She jumps the car and I tell her not to shut it off until she gets home and I will look at it. A car battery shouldn't go dead so quick. She gets home and it fine. I still should listen to it on a cold morning to see if it is weak. THen Saturday morning around 9:30 I'm sitting on the edge of the bed. My phone rings and it's Nastia. She says her car is pulling to the side and the tire looks funny. I ask her is it flat? She says a little unsurely that she thinks it is. I ask her where she is. She says she is where you turn to go to the Library. That is a reference to a time that seems so long ago when the girls used to go with Jessica, Elena's friend, not Nastia's friend Jessica to the Library after school. It has to be six, eight years ago now. I find her on Lady Gudiva Way, on the hill. I drive the car to a flat spot on a nearby road. I have to go back home twice. The first time to get some wood to drive the car on and then to get a wrench to loosen up the lug nuts because Nastia's car has none. The previous owners were pigs and I should have known it. After teh two trips I have the tire on some wood, a jack under the car and th etire lugs off. Now I'm hoping that the donut spare I got Nastia and her boyfriend's family said she paid too much for it. Right now it is invaluable. I drop the jack and the tire has air in it. It also traps the jack under the car and I have to jack it back up and Nastia puts the wood back under the tire.I let her drive off the wood. I also gave her instructions on taking off and putting on a tire incase I'm not her one day. I gather up all the tools. It was nice to spend some time with her even if I was changing a flat tire. I don't get to spend much time with her and I miss it. Later a day or two later Nastia says her boyfriend's father says the rim is the problem and he has ordered her one. I think he is wrong, but she has already said yes to it and maybe I'm wrong. I just don't like the fact that her boyfriend and his family are helping her out and I'm not the only one any more. I guess I'm jealous. Such is life. /

No comments:

Post a Comment