Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Elena goes to the beach

I know I have to let them go, but this is one of the harder things to do. I let them go out into the world with their boyfriends and hope and pray that their feelings of indestructibility will not prevent them from coming back alive. And also thier girls and other things can happen out there.Sorry I very much believe in equality, but there are somethings out there that I worry more about having girls then I would if they were boys.
Matt and Elena decide to go to Seaside in Jersey. It is the beach they have gone to with us the few times we have gone to the beach. Elena says she is going to sleep over Matt's house (yes, his mother has a seperate bedroom for her, she said. never stopped me) so they can get an early start on Monday. The next day she texts at 7:48 they are in the Oranges in New Jersey, so they must have gotten an early start. Teri texts about some accidents on the road and I text her a picture of her unmade bed asking her if her cat messed up her bed while she was away. She blames her cat Milo, I tell her the cat was Elena who messed up the bed and leave it at that.
They send a picture of the two of them on the beach at 9:32. Teri replys to get sunscreen on. I'm relieved more then I realized that they are at the beach in one piece. At 4:18 we get two more pictures of them.At 5:28 Teri and Elena exchange texts about dinosaur masks and how did
her bathing suit hold up. It went something like this Elena sends a picture of dinosaur car seat covers saying I need this. Teri replys, "Can't I just drive you around with your dinosaur mask in again? Then in a seperate text asks, "Btw how'd your bathing suit hold up?" Elena replys to the first text, "I lost it remember" the she adds "Pretty good" Elena then adds she is at dinner. Teri replys to the jumble of texts, "You list your bathing suit???" seperate text, "You should head home" Elena's reply, "We will don't worry" seperate text, "No, I didn't list it and I definitely didn't lose it" seperate text, "I lost the dino mask", Teri then goes into asking about a brand new thermos and where is it. of course Elena left it in her car.
Around 9PM I text asking where is she? She replys at Stop and Shop getting cat litter and She goes on to say she is stopping at Matts house.I figure she'll be home soon.So I say, "see you soon." At 10:32, both Teri and I text her it is time to come home. She comes in just before 11. Finally she is home and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment