Saturday, December 5, 2020

It's also Nastia's birthday!

It's 8:30 on Thursday December 3, 2020. Nastia sometime today was born 22 years ago in a small town in Russia's far east called Obluchia. From what little I know about the town it is a small town, maybe a logging town or a farming town. I couldn't find any information on line. I couldn't even find mention of the town on line, it's that small. It's now Saturday night 7:41 and Nastia's party is just about over. There are a
few hardy souls left playing a game. I don't think it is cards against humanity. It is a game where you try to guess what something is on a card before time runs out. The party was to start about 2 in the afternoon and last until whenever. Earlier in teh week Nastia and Teri went out to shop for the party. They went to party city and got a bunch of decorations.They also purchased a cake and chips. The plan was to have chips and dips. Then order pizza about three and have ice cream cake about 5.
Vinnie, a guy who has a crush on Nastia showed up first, ten minutes early. Nastia hangs out with him for a while, but has to be told to entertain him every so often when she wanders off. Then about an hour later a group of kids show up. Teri and I have a fight before and during the party. She is angry at me for not fixing the doors to the corner cabinet. It has been an Elena's roof situation, but with extenuating circumstances. I had trouble finding the new hinges. When I did the screws were smaller then the original holes and I wanted to used the originals.I tried to drill the holes in the hinges bigger, but I broke the drill bit. Since then I haven't gotten back to them
again. The fight was not load, but it was intense. I really didn't know what she was angry at me for most of the fight. She has been angry at me, it seemed for a few days. Teri leaves with Nancy and goes to Stew Leonard's. I go upstairs to watch TV, which was part of the problem. She thought a parent should make an appearance, while my experence was during a party, especially as we got older parents were neither seen nor heard from except to clean up vomit from the night before. And I don't know who did that. I don't remember that night. When everybody was here they all sat down to play a card game called cards against humanity. They were some dirty joke tossed around while finishing the sentances. I ordered pizza and I left not wanting to hinder the fun they were having, not that it would stop them it seemed. I went to get the pizza from the corner. I returned with four pizzas. Earlier I'd bought up to my bedroom the firestick planning to watch some movies. After a few moments I fell asleep. About five I came down stairs to take the ice cream cake out of the freezer. I also went and warmed up some pizza for myself. About six, Teri comes home and our fight seems to have blown over like a summer thunder storm, but like all storms it will return if things remain the same.
Ice cream cake is served and a few people go home. The last will leave about eight. Nastia seemed to have fun, so did Elena. And I think everyone else did too. /

1 comment: