Monday, October 5, 2020

I've put off writing this one

 I'm at work on Tuesday a little before six PM, my phone rings, it's Nastia. When I answer, she says hi in a light, jovial tone. Then I hear the words out of her mouth. She has gotten into another accident. She was at a light behind another car. The light changes and she goes, but the car in front doesn't. She damages her sister's car's hood and from the pictures looks like she put a small dent in the liftgate of  the car she hit. Again I'm at work, but I lose and start telling her she has got to be more careful and I'm not going to an accident scene to identify her body. I stop and receive only silence. I know when that


happens I've made her start to cry. I feel awful and start to talk quietly and calmly. I get her to talk to me and she says she is with her sister and is going home. I apologise to everyone in the office for yelling. My boss Ted says if it was his father, he would have been killed for doing what Nastia has done. Three accidents in about a month.

When I get home Teri says Nastia comes in crying. I feel awful about what has happened and then I spend sometime thinking about the accidents. All three were preventable. At least two of them were from her being careless. I give her a pass on the bee. 

She says the guy she hit said he will not be making a claim. Two days later I get a message on my phone from Allstate someone has make a claim against our policy. I haven't returned the call yet. I hope we will not get dropped from Allstate. I also hope we can afford our new insurance policy coming in the end of October.


All the other fun around here is the same. The girls are waiting out COVID before going back to college, they can't really get into remote learning. Elena is still not dating Matt. She did come home with a mark on her neck the other night. And a week or two ago she was making jokes about being pregnant or at least needing the morning after pill. It's the closed book of Elena again. No one know what is just a joke and what is a joke telling everyone that now both of my daughters have had sex. 

Both are still working at their respective jobs at ShopRite and Stop and Shop. Nastia less then full time, Elena just about full time. 

Teri still hates her job and would like to find something else where people listen to her advise.

Me, what's that Led Zeppelin line in a song of theirs, Me. I'm  just ramblin on.















/

No comments:

Post a Comment