Saturday, March 28, 2020

COVID-19 week maybe two of....? oh and it's a Friday.

As the title says it is Friday. and it is early in the COVID-19 virus whatever, pandemic,COVID flu cycle. Call it what you want just don't Trump it and call it the Chinese virus, you remember that thing he ignored for months.
Give me one moment while I step down off my soap box. At  moments like these I realize how high it can get.
Again as I started it is Friday March 27th. I went to work Teri worked from home and the girls slept in until they got up and went to work. Teri is working from the attic and I will try to make it a nicer place to work from this weekend. Nastia worked from about 3 until 8. Elena worked from sometime in the afternoon until 8, but she didn't get home until about 9. When asked, she came up with this cock and bull story about her thinking she was working until nine, but she then says she left work at 8 and driving home a friend. That is code for Dakota. After getting home late and answering enough of Teri's questions she heads upstairs ignoring the last and maybe the most telling question. What it was I forget it was so important. It must of been so important because I went upstairs to ask Elena to come down and answer it. That was when I smelled the pot/weed. It was slight, but I was pissed. I ask her again to come down stairs. I'd been drinking raspberry vodka and lemonade and when I do I get a little mean and my short temper gets shorter. I manage to say nothing until my temper was better controlled. Elena double talks, slides around and out right ignores questions that want to probe into why she was an hour late and caused me to write this column instead of the one about Teri's birthday yesterday.
Several hours later I can only guess what went on earlier. She has been told during COVID-19 to not drive people home. She must feel sorry for Dakota and can't say no to her when she asks for a ride (when will one of them get a friend who drives?!! AND has a car!!) Dakota lit up a joint, you know a bone, a....oh Jesus I've run out of them already. I used to know a thousand names for what people called it when you smoke grass/pot/weed. That name is getting too long. I don't think she smoked and Teri handled it that way. I tried to be a peaceful voice when my inner voice wasn't yelling liar, what really happened! I'm glad no one could hear that voice tonight except me. I don't think she lied. And I write that with a light unsure touch of the keyboard. I'd really like to believe her. She did come forward with the pot/weed/grass for the brownies, but we've been on her case since then and maybe she is closing the book so we don't know what is happening. She's good at that. If she doesn't want you to know usually you won't. I'm sure I'll be writing about this can of worms again. It ain't going away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment