Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Nastia is a driver.

I just realized I didn't write about Nastia passing her driving test. It was a couple of weeks ago and no one was there to see her do it. I felt bad that it had to happen this way, but everyone was at school or work on the Friday she took the test.
    Nastia got up early on that Friday and went to work with her driving instructor at 7 AM. Teri went to work at 8 AM and I was at my mothers when the text came in. I thought the test was for 10 AM.  She went over to Orangeburg to take her test sometime after 9AM. At 9:30 I receive a text from Nastia saying she has passed her driving test. Until then I hadn't realized she would only be with her driving instructor when she passed her driving test.
     The Instructor, a women, not a T.A. newbie guy allows her to attempt her parallel parking a second time when she doesn't hit it the first time.
     In the month between her driving tests she has become a much better driver, but as I keep telling her, now that she has passed her test, she has barely mastered the bare minimum of skills to drive and it will be a slow process, just like her sister of small steps to where she will be allowed to drive.
     There will come a time, though when I will have to let her drive to work when she is working to 10 PM. The Parking lot at Shop Rite is dark and empty. she has no fear of either. 

1 comment: