Friday, July 21, 2017

Submitting two job applications and a job interview

I was never and still am bad when it comes to applying for a job. I was always one of those people who thought ,who would want to hire me. When I grew up, it was better, but I still get so bummed out that I hate with a passion applying for a job. A job interview, I've always felt was easier.
     One Day last week Elena and Nastia wanted some help filling out job applications. Elena's was for Target, a nice place to work from what I'm told and Nastia for Bath and Body Works. Both Jobs were in the Palisades Mall.
     Everything is done on the Internet these days and it is nothing like what I used to do. In the old days, I'd get on my dinosaur ( I called it a CJ 5 Jeep) I'd start it up, spewing CO2 fumes into the already polluted atmosphere unaware that future generations would blame me for melting the polar ice cape. I know all of you are now driving battery powered cars in the future. I'd go to the store that advertised they needed help in the paper. The Paper? You don't know what that is? It's where you'd get your information from about the world and if you wanted false new you'd pick up the National Enquirer. If You want a real president, you'd go back to the... well, you'd have to go far back.
     I'd drive up to the store in need of help, I'd ask them for a job application, fill it out and return it to them, hoping for a call back for an interview.
     In the present, Nastia is on my computer, her sister is on her computer because she hit her computer and broke the hinge and it doesn't work any more. She will tell you it broke on it's own and she had nothing to do with it.
     Nastia is applying to Bath and Body works, while Elena is applying to Target. Nastia applied to Target earlier and they said they didn't need help, though they had a sign up at the entrance.
     The fun of this Day was going back and forth between the two answering questions about things that I felt were simple and straight forward, but to them who'd never done this it was a mystery.
    After a while Elena finishes and it is just Nastia. I relaxed on the coach and of course I started to feel sleepy. Nastia would ask a question and need to ask it a second time and I'd still have problems with the answer. And she only asks questions as I am falling asleep and it jerks me awake. Just too much fun. She finally finished and I am left in peace until I have to make dinner, which I believe is  fifteen minutes later,
    THE JOB INTERVIEW FOR BATH AND BODY WORKS
I am at work when Nastia calls me to let me know Bath and Body works called and they want to interview her for a job at 3 pm. I won't get home until 3 and with Friday traffic I'll still be on the bridge at three. I tell her three-thirty, forgetting about Friday traffic.
     It a hot and sunny Friday. I'd taken the Mustang to Elmsford and was looking forward to a comfortable drive home. I left a few minutes early to insure I'd get home in time and I swing out of the parking lot, turned on to 9A, hit a little Friday traffic and then a turn onto the Thruway and about a mile into my drive I slow down to a Friday crawl. I crawl towards the bridge and the Governors middle fingered salute to the people of Westchester and Rockland. Daddy's bridge is slated to partly open in December. He still hasn't confessed to the fact we'll have to pay $15.00 to cross it, but by then he hopes to be President, supplanting another fool.
     I manage to get home about ten minutes later then I thought, Nastia is waiting outside, I pull up ,she gets in and off we go. Ten minutes to the mall. At this point she tells me she doesn't know where the store is. Her mom told her and I tell her to follow her mom's directions and I'll look on the directory. By the time I find in and go there  she is in the store talking and smiling at the manager. She seems to sense me, looks my way. I turn and head toward the food court as the manager turns to look too. I was hoping to not be noticed so Nastia would look a little more independent and mature.
   I settle in with my Nathans hot dog and fries and some stories on the internet about the Yankees and get lost in another world. Before I'm done Nastia is sitting at my table, eating my fries and drinking my soda. She is asking questions while I'm trying to read.She ends up getting fries and a soda she can't finish (surprise, surprise). I answer her questions as best I can. Is a short interview bad, Is the Bath and Bodyworks on the third floor and the first the same store. Do You want some of my fries? Life can be good sometimes, funny others.

No comments:

Post a Comment