Saturday, July 1, 2017

Myrtle Beach day three.

This day started again early for me. The sun to my dismay was shining in the window. After last night's rain it was another beautiful day. But as luck would have it no one was in a hurry to go to the beach.
     Teri, again took the lead and got everyone to the beach in the early afternoon . I think it worked best for everyone that way. We were all in different states of being overly toasted. Amanda still was all pink from the shoulders down, Nastia was spotty, her face having recovered some. Elena's shoulders were red, but not as bad as could be. Teri held up surprising well, only burned in a few spots. Nick, well his chest was burned, but he had spent most of the day under the pier, out of the sun. Nancy, she doesn't burn it seems. Me, the tops of my feet. Even though I kept putting lotion on them.
     On this last full day in South Carolina we went to another beach. It was also a state park and it also was mostly empty. It didn't have a pier, and there were no sea shells to hunt for, odd. We were only a few miles down the beach.
     The Wind was back, but I was an old pro about it and set up camp with the cooler near me. Nastia wanted me to play catch with her with a football. I tried for as long as I could and a few things became obvious. The first was, I need to get my shoulder fixed. Second, I can still catch a football, even if it is only a nerf football well, I just can't throw it anymore. That lasted maybe twenty minutes. Teri and I then went hunting for interesting seashells. Then I went with Nastia, hunting. I saw Elena out with Nick in the surf. I knew Teri would not like it but I told her it was OK. Teriis very protective of the Girls. I'm trying to give them spaceand hope for the best. They are sixteen and eighteen, mentally they still act like they ae fourteen. I have seen changes, sporatic, but changes that makes me feel they will make great adults, when they get there.
    The Day endedaround four-thirty. On the way to the house We stopped at a legel Moonshine store. It hade verything Moonshine. Teri bought some pickles cooked in moonshine, I think. The Girls had some, so I guess they had no alcohol in them.
      We went home for seven showers.This time Nick said lets do it oldest to youngest. He said I should go first, I was insulted. I was the oldest, but I try to never act like I.more then fourteen, that is how I know the girls are acting like they are fourteen.
     After Showers We went to the Dead Dog Saloon, where at the end of dinner I lectured Elena about spending money on food that you end up bring home. It always makes me crazy. I thought she had tuned me out, and I guess she did. She stared stright ahead like she used to when she was a little kid, while I'm asking her to acknowledge what I'm saying.
     When She doesn't, I slam my hand on the back of this bench We were sitting in and walk off, angry. It ruined the evening and I'm sorry it happened. Teri was angry at me and we didn't talk again until later. She came into the bedroom, said she was sorry for being angry at me. I apologized for my anger. I explained why I was angry and how Elena is always bring food home from restaurants after eating little of it and sometimes it never gets finished.
     Teri talked about how Elena went into her old routine from Russia days. I saw it, I had just dismissed it.
     We call Elena into the room and I tell her what we had talked about and I apologized several time. I expected an apology back from her because of her behavior. Not receiving one, I let it go. Her moodbrightened quickly and everything was back to normal.
     The next morning Teri and I ate the ribs, no comment about that necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment