Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

Usual Memorial days are filled with lawn mowing and going to see the parade. Each year we forget about the parade until We, I heard the police siren announcing the parade. Usually Teri is not ready to see the parade and does not go.
   This year was a little different, Elena wanted to be in the parade and got to be a banner holder. Not a bad job. So we all remembered the parade and when it would be. I dropped Elena off at the ambulance corp on Kings highway. I guess what I did really was stop the car in traffic and tell her to get out. And on top of that it was the sight of the middle school, not the elementary. Feeling a little bad I turned around and went back. Just as I feared she was standing around the middle school band a little lost. Nastia was with me and together the three of us found the Congers band just across the street.
 Nastia and I go back home and with Nancy and Teri go to see the parade. Teri wanted to go down to the VFW hall to wait and pick up Elena, but we usually see the parade against the rock wall between S. Conger and S. Harrison, so we waited there. It was a short parade and after Elena passed we went down to the VFW to get her. We got this close up experience of seeing this group of about twelve musicians play so really good music right in front of the reviewing stand, it was great. In this time of war and insanity, patriotic song played very well is special.
   When we got home it was humid and the girls got to go swimming for the second time already this year. I opened the pool to be ready for the end of June not knowing it was going to be a warm May and the polar bear kids would use the 66 degree water. More power to them.
   I mowed the lawn and tried to get ready for the barbecue coming up on Monday. About three in the afternoon it started rumbling thunder. I tried to remember what my mom would of done, but couldn't. So I did what I would do if I was on my boat, First lightening bolt inside. Which is what I did and it seemed a little extreme so I let them stay outside , out of the pool, out of the tree house and just near the the house until the rain started then they wanted to watch the lightening and they ended sitting on my lap on the front porch. After the lightening stopped I let them go out in the rain where they danced and did flips and any silly thing they wanted. I probability shouldn't of.

1 comment: