Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Black Widow and the fifth wheel.

Sunday Colby, Teri's second cousin, Katie and her husband Art had a little party at the 1840 house formly the
Clarksville Inn for their son who graduated high school and is going on to Virginia Tech. It was a arm and beautiful day. The party lasted from about 11AM until about 2PM. Everyone hung around outside talking and some of us weere on our phones. I just can't figure out how Colby got so old, so quick.
That night I was going to take in the movie Black Widow with the girls. They'd both asked to bring their boyfriends. I'd made a big deal about Brandon not come by to get comfortable around us (me) so I'dbacked myself into the proverbial corner. I know Teri doesn't like Marvel super hero films, but I asked her anyway. She hemmed and hawed about it and finally said no. I thought, how bad could it be? Brandon and Nastia drive me to the Palisades Center. Elena and Matt are already there. I tell Nastia and Brandon I'm going to eat at the food court. They don't have to follow, they don't. I have hot dogs and read. Later at the theater's concession stand I order a large popcorn and a tray, usual. I pour some popcorn into the tray and get it refilled. I offer the popcorn to both couples who decline it. At the seats, I sit in my usual seat on the isle. Brandon sits next to me and Nastia next to him. These seats have arm rest that go up making two seperate seats into one huge seat. I ask Nastia and Brandon if they want to switch to my seat. The do and up goes the arm rest. Just before the curtain goes up(yeah, I know that doesn't happen any more. It was alway exciting when it did way back when because the movie was about to start. Now you get endless commercials.) Just before the curtain goes up Elena moves to the other side of Matt and their arm rest goes up. So now I'm in th emiddle of two couples. My daughters have their heads in their boyfriends laps and the very unexpected has happened, I very much feel olike a fifth wheel. To make matters worse, I start to get a head ache. The Theater is only mostly full because Disney released the movie also on Disney +. The movie is good. Brandon and Nastia droveme their and they drive me home afterwards. A weird night all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment