Thursday, January 14, 2021

Elena has a new car, a Honda CRV 2011, I think.

We're half way through the month of January. The weather hasn't really decided what the time of year is. We got some snow in mid December, but it was gone by Christmas. Christmas zoomed by so quickly that New Years wasn't even over. I'm not complaining about the quick exit of the Covid holidays. Well it was going to happen one way or the other. Both danger girls are back on the road. Nastia killed the Ford Escape finally back in September. She crashed her car into a guard rail to provent a killer bee from savagely attacking her. She was without a car until almost Christmas. Elena killed her Ford Taurus one night in the middle of a tempertantrum, passing a guy who pulled out in front of her from Snake Hill Road. She tried to pass him on Old Mill Road and didn't make it. Her car's rear passenger door got hit by his bumper spinning her around and she hit a telephone pole with her trunk, luck to be alive. Nastia got a Mazada 6 sometime in December and finally Elena got her car this past week. With Covid, used car prices have gone through the roof. Teri found a Honda CRV at a Bill Kolb dealership down Route 303 in Orangeburg. It had 96,000 miles on it. I was tired of buying cars from private individuals and then having to repair them. So the dealership car checked all of the boxes. Elena was even going to take out her first loan. We went down to Bill Kolb Subaru on Route 303, near the walking bridge that crosses 303. It was a cold day and we were all wearing our masks. I rarley see anyone not wearing ond these days which makes me happy. I really don't want to yell at people. THe dealership was Covid crowded. All desks were socially distanced and a partition was errected between the desk and the chairs i front. We asked for the salesmen we made the appointment with and got another gentlmen named Juan. We sat down and he showed us the limited supply of cars he had for less then $10,000 and less then 100,000 miles. During his speel I'm thinking back to 1979 when I bought my first new car for $9,800.00, a Jeep CJ5 and then I remembered my parents bought their house in about 1952 for %9,000.00. We go out to look at the car. We go all through it and Juan asks if we want to take it for a test ride. We do, but Elena doesn't want to drive it, so I do. We head out to 303, make a right going south and enter the Palisades Parkway north for a quick trip. I notice the CRV has no pickup. It's a doggy 4 cyclinder. I tell Elena. I exit the Palisades at teh next exit and turn off onto some side roads to try out the brakes to make sure it doesn't pull. I ask Elena again if she want to drive it. With her courage up more, she says yes. She starts out slowly on the back
roads. After a minute or two she asks how to get back to the dealership. I hesitate for a moment, then remember she is a fully licensed driver and this may become her car. I tell her and she brings the car back with no problem. We take a quick drive of a Subaru Forester. Elena takes it from the get go and doesn't like the heavy wheel. She has settled on the Honda CRV. Now all there is to do is the paperwork. Teri was going to cosigh, but I think there was an issue about something that Elena became the cosigner. Either way she gets some credit history and a car. She is set to pick it up on Wednesday after we get insurance on it and with a little effort to track down the registration for the Taurus by Teri Elena is now back on the road. GOD KEEP HER SAFE AND NOT ANGRY

No comments:

Post a Comment