Thursday, August 13, 2020

The House on Haunted Hill gets a make over part 2*

 * If the first ones a hit, you know a sequel is coming - Joe Muller 1997 Sun Video*

* yeah, I was there when he said it, really!


When this is over I'll have to play Our House by CSN* or maybe Our House by the Talking Heads**

Neither song really fits but my research staff and their budget is really slim these days. 

Well, it's 8:06 and the siding guys just arrived. They have been here since Tuesday and I expected they would strip at least a side of the house before they would start to put on the siding. They didn't, not that it's a bad thing, just unexpected. I got home Tuesday night after they had left for the day. I parked on the north side of the house where the open lot is I walk around the front toward the driveway expecting to see a stripped down side wall and what I saw bought me to tears. The change in the house was like night day. It was only a small section, but it showed me what was coming.  


The price keeps creeping up on us, but it is things I want that I don't mind. After taking down some of the siding they discovered the boards underneath had spaces between them and require the Tyvek I'd wanted anyway. He said he'd do it at cost. In the estimate it was $1500.00.

 I remembered when we redid the kitchen we put in a smaller window over the sink. I just remembered it last night when I saw the siding stripped over that section of the house. He'll let me know how much.

Nastia sleeps at night only in her underwear. So on the first morning I had to go into her room and wake her up and tell her a short spanish man was doing siding right outside her window. I gave her some clothes and told her not to walk around naked because I didn't want this job to take six weeks. They are moving right along so I guess she hasn't.

 In celebration of this event that has taken fifteen year let's all sing our house. Sing either one I don't care we'll coordinate it better when the house is finished.



*Our House

I'll light the fire
You put the flowers in the vase that you bought today
Staring at the fire for hours and hours while I listen to you
Play your love songs all night long for me, only for me
Come to me now and rest your head for just five minutes, everything is good
Such a cozy room, the windows are illuminated by the
Sunshine through them, fiery gems for you, only for you
Our house is a very, very, very fine house with two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy 'cause of you
And our la, la, la, la, la,



** Our House by The Talking Heads

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our

Father wears his Sunday best
Mother's tired she needs a rest
The kids are playing up downstairs
Sister's sighing in her sleep
Brother's got a date to keep
He can't hang around

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our

Our house it has a crowd
There's always something happening
And it's usually quite loud
Our mum she's so house-proud
Nothing ever slows her down
And a mess is not allowed

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our...

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our...
Something tells you that you've got to get away from it

Father gets up late for work
Mother has to iron his shirt
Then she sends the kids to school
Sees them off with a small kiss
She's the one they're going to miss
In lots of ways

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our...

I remember way back then when everything was true and when
We would have such a very good time such a fine time
Such a happy time
And I remember how we'd play simply waste the day away
Then we'd say nothing would come between us two dreamers

Father wears his Sunday best
Mother's tired she needs a rest
The kids are playing up downstairs
Sister's sighing in her sleep
Brother's got a date to keep
He can't hang around

Our house, in the middle of our street
Our house, in the middle of our street

Our house, in the middle of our street-a

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/t/talkingheadslyrics/ourhouselyrics.html

1 comment:

  1. My sisters house looked just like yours. She had hers sided and the difference was amazing. You are going to love it

    ReplyDelete