Tuesday, November 5, 2019

A snapshot of what's happening*

* And again not like that TV show, but I guess since we are doing it again we do have a rerun in it.

I like doing these because I like to re read the posts and these give me a feeling of how things were back in the deep dark past. Recently I reread a post about the time early on when I looked out the window and saw Elena swinging a big stick and I didn't stop her. A little while later Nastia comes in with a big cut on her head. I was very hard on myself. Now I'd give that person a little break, but still think he should have done something because what could have happened did.
        It's sort of like what my younger brother and sister did with croquet mallets back in the late 60's early 70's. I think, if I recall this correctly and I will ask Ruth and Eric later, Eric was swinging a croquet mallet and hit Ruth in the head. But no worry, kids were made stronger and less breakable back then, at least that's the way it seemed.
        Elena is still working like a fool She recently got promoted to be her manager's assistant. And as we all know titles are cheap. She gets to work all over the store and before her manager went on vacation, she was working in the bakery and liked it. She works every day except when she is going to therapy it seems. I asked her how things were going and let's say this all together, she said "fine" and how is school going, again all together, "Fine". She is such a closed book that other closed books are jealous. She surprisingly announced a few weeks ago that she was dating a kid named Andrew. Teri and I didn't like him, we also didn't know much about him. I met him once when he joined Nastia at the bowling alley. He had tinted his hair green and just looked dopy. Later Nastia tells that he is getting money from the government for some reason or another. He has issues, I guess. I always hoped that the girls would associate with, and you must excuse me, people above them in the world. People whose parents had made something of themselves so that they would be exposed to it and maybe strive for more. But like exposing China to the democratic west was supposed to make it more democratic as opposed to making the US (it's the Trump years) less democratic, the girls continually bring home friends who are mostly more damaged than them.
       One day when I was saying how I didn't like Andrew and Elena had enough problems without adding someone with more Nastia says that we should just leave them alone. Elena doesn't like to be bossed around and he is doing that so she will break up with him. Recently I heard Nastia talking on the phone to someone and he was complaining about breaking up with someone, I think it was Andrew talking about Elena. And if true in typical Elena fashion we heard nothing about it. He just quit being talked about or she has quit saying she is going to hang out with him.
       I asked Nastia  how Elena was doing in school. Unlike when I went they don't test like they used to. Now there are papers projects and the like. Stuff that you prepare on Google Docs and submit online. It's a new world and every so often I feel irrelevant. Nastia says she doesn't know.
      Nastia and David are still together. There was a time earlier in the year when they hit a rocky patch. Most nights I can hear them talking and in the morning I see a 'Hello Babe' or 'Good Morning Babe' text. Ah, to be young and in love. I miss it. David is supposed to come down from Albany for Thanksgiving and Nastia wants to spend part of Thanksgiving with him at his grandparents. This is the first Thanksgiving without Karen and we were planning on having the whole family together, so I don't know.
       Now Teri and I are doing OK. We don't see each other much. We wake up together in the morning. I distract Mesha so Athena can go out and pee. After that Teri gives the dogs treats and I go back to bed and get up at 7:30 which still gives me time to write in the morning. Teri showers, has breakfast sort of and leaves at eight to go to work.
       Lately I have been getting home from work around six. I work to hard and care too much about a job that is paying me peanuts compared to what I used to make. But when a new client say god bless you for sending them food and someone who starts off really cranky on a phone call and at the end is calling you sweetie. I know I'm making a difference and it is tough to quit. I just wish my owner cared about me as much as I care about his business.
       Teri is still in Mahwah. And yes I really don't know the name of the company she works for. It's something like Jamatech. She doesn't like it still, but has resigned herself to bare her burden until she can change it. I wish something would come around for her to make her happy. She gets home around seven or so. If it is their busy time it is later. Her and I eat in the kitchen if the girls are at work, which is often these days. We move into the living room and start to watch TV where Teri will fall asleep. Around ten she goes up. I follow around eleven or so.
       Life isn't perfect, but many times you'll look back on a time, like I have been lately thinking about the nineties when we were first married and think that time was special, good and I miss it. Maybe in the future I'll read this and marvel at what a special time it was or maybe I'll remember it as it is.























m.

No comments:

Post a Comment