Thursday, June 6, 2019

Nastia goes to Jawonio and Elena's yearbook

Nastia and Elena both have IPAs (I forget what is stands for). Throughout they have been classified as handicapped. Their handicap is not something that I see in them. I thought that it was because english is a second language to them. Elena went to Helen Hayes several weeks ago, I don't remember if I blogged about it or not, but they found she had a couple of development issues and allowances were made for her for RCC, just like the ones she has at North. I like that the state has finally given back to my family after all the years of paying too much in taxes.
       As part of Nastia's Access VR program she was set up with an internship possibility at Jawonio. Now this maybe a warm body thing (to get the internship all you need is to be alive) for all I know, but it was offered to her. Nastia being Nastia, her and I take a trip up to the place so she knew where it is and then we take a second trip with her driving so I knew she knew how to get there. (Is it a Nastia thing or is it a Dad/Joe thing?)
       Her appointment is Monday at two. No one would be around to go with her to Jawonio, but both girls needs to do things more and more on their own, so she was left to do it all by herself.
       I text her from work at 1:35 telling her, good luck, relax and enjoy the experience. She texts back Thanks and a little while later at 1:47 she'd gotten there. Teri texts a smiley face and a good luck, love you. Nastia replies thanks, love you too and that was all. I didn't hear about anything that happened in her meeting. I get home about five thirty and there is some Jawonio paperwork on the dining room table (it's still there) and Nastia is out with David who was down from Albany for a couple of days. A day or so later I ask her about Jawonio. Her reply, "Well it was really nothing, I filled out some papers and she likes me. I go back on Monday the tenth."
       Elena has been doing pottery in school. there is or will be a picture of some of it here. SHe is also a senior this year. It is the last few days of high school I may ever be involved in. Depending on how fast Nastia has kids. Elena doesn't seem interested in them.
       Elena got her yearbook yesterday. I haven't gotten a chance to read what any of the teachers had to say about her. One teacher covered a page in the back of her yearbook. For a girl who hates school as much as she does she makes a lasting and deep impression on people. At Elena's last IPA meeting a few weeks ago I get up to hug Elena goodbye and turn back around to find Teri and Ms Chamberlin crying. What I miss? Ms Chamberlin will miss her. She has watched Elena from middle school to now and it is over.
       Elena has people signing her yearbook and this is the girl a few month ago who had to be pushed to send in the paperwork to get a yearbook. I'll write more if she lets me read the yearbook.
     

       Elena's been a little quiet since last nights therapy.


















/
     

No comments:

Post a Comment