Wednesday, September 6, 2017

First Day of School and Nastia's last year.

It seems to sneak up on me every year, the first day of school. I know it is there and it is coming, but it always seems to get here quicker then I ever expect. It's like turning sixty, I knew it was coming, but I didn't think it would get here this quick.
     This is also Nastia's last year of school. She has this bright idea that once school is over life will be so much simpler. I've remaindered her that when she is out of school, after college she will not get summers off. There are no teacher conferences. It's work nine to five, five days a week, get two weeks vacation and some federal holidays and that's it. She doesn't hear me. I'd love to go back to school just for the sake of learning, it'd be fun.
Missed the annual 1st day of class picture
     The first day of school, like I said came quickly. The Summer heat never really kicked in like it should and the summer sort of started to petered out around the middle of July when We started getting 70 degree days. August didn't even live up to it's reputation. The mornings were cool, sometimes almost cold and the days usually only got up into the 70's.
     The First day of School was preceded by a rainy Tuesday, For all you Yankee fans the Yankees blew their game against Baltimore in the 9th when Manny Machatto hit a Dellin Betanaces slider for a walk off ninth inning home run, game over, Yankees lose. The Game started two and a half hours late because of rain and I'd gone to bed around 11:30. It finished around 1 AM.
How it rained that morning.
     That First day of School I've eluded to several times was as rainy as the day before, if not more. Around 4AM the dogs started barking and I figured I never get back to sleep. I must of because it seemed a minute later it was 5 AM and Teri got up to go to the bathroom. The dogs thought it was time to go outside and since Athena wouldn't go for anyone except Teri, she had to take them out. After settling back into bed, it seemed a minute later it was 6:03 and the alarm was about to go off. I got up and started to make my side of the bed, then the alarm went off.
     The Girls got up easily for the first morning of School. Nastia complained she had a first period study Hall and she wanted to go in later. Surprisingly Teri wasn't against it. Nastia ate freezer waffles and Elena ate oat meal.
Last Week of August at the Beach
     This is also a big year for Elena after our talk with Ms. Coakley. She started it in a bit of a cranky mood. When it was time to go Teri told them both to take an umbrella because even though it had stopped raining it would start up again. Teri said it looked like they took a small one. Neither of us watched them leave. A few moments later the sky opened up and I was even temped to get the car for them to wait in, then I thought they should of listened to their mother and who was I to interfere with an excellent object lesson. It's going to be a long year.

No comments:

Post a Comment