Sunday, January 11, 2015

Almost killing my Daughter in NYC

With the Girls off from school Teri gets the idea to go into the City to see the tree. We decide to go on a Monday, with nice weather expected and it being after Christmas. We set off about three-thirty and take my car. We head down the Henry Hudson and the GPS wants me to take the exit at the Boat basin, which I miss. We take the left at fifty-sixth street and head for FAO Schwarz. We cross the island to the east side. I drive past the intersection,  I think it was 5th ave. and 58th St. I find a parking garage two blocks away, turn in and as I read a sign that says  no SUVs, I hear my antenna tip scrap the roof. I'm about to turn around when Teri says there are SUVs down there. The attendant punches us in and off we go on our adventure. I'd been there twenty, thirty years ago the last time. This day it was packed.  We waited on a quick line and wandered around the store.  We went to the key board famous in the movie, Big. We were there about half an hour. We didn't buy anything. I saw few bags.
  We walked down town toward Rockefeller Center.  It was cold and I'm looking down at the sidewalk. Then I remember the best part of walking in the city is enjoying the show on the streets. I pick up my head and start looking around, just enjoying all the people,  the the buildings and the cars trying to go some where. I try to get Nastia to understand the fun, but she just kept saying she was cold.
  Teri asks to stop into a church and I tell her, OK without thinking. It was St. Patrick's.  They are doing work on it and I was there thirty years ago the last time. I walk in and I feel like I'm still outside. I don't remember it being such an amazing place The Girls were a little disrespectful and I told them they are going to Church. They didn't like that. I really want to get them there.
   After St. Patrick's We went a block West to Rockefeller Center. It was wall to wall people. It made Disney World look empty from several years ago. We managed to get up near the tree and get a few picture,
  We were going to eat in the City.  It was about 6;30 . I called Carmine's, a restaurant we lucked out at several years ago and got to eat at with Tony. This time there was a two hour wait. We decided to eat back in Rockland. So We started back up town. We stopped in the Lindt chocolate Shoppe and spent twenty-six dollars on real good chocolate.
   After We left the store. We stopped at an intersection, for a red light. I was not watching and the guy in front of me started walking. I had Nastias hand and we went too. The light was still red. I looked up as We crossed and noticed the don't walk sign and the cars coming at Nastia and I from our right. So I hurried Us up. I didn't understand why the guy in the first car was leaning on his horn until I looked behind me and saw that was Elena crossing too. Thank God, the car missed her. As the rest of the crowd crossed, I heard my wife cursing me as she crossed. It put a big damper on the night for me.
 IT WAS A FUCKIN MISTAKE!!! I WASN'T TRYING TO KILL ONE OF OUR CHILDREN!!!
      We ate at a Barbecue place on Erie St. in Blauvelt. It was a Monday night and it was busy. It is always busy. The food was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment