Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tuesday in the park

We all stayed up late doing all those parent things that kids just take for granted and always ask why can't I stay up too?
  Teri and her sister and niece and Visanta and Tharsha all piled into the car around midnight and went shopping for food for this morning. We lacked nothing this morning. Of course they were out until two in the morning and we all didn't get to sleep early and we tried to get up early, managing seven am
  We went to Sea world because it was going to rain and it would be an easier park to cover. We got there around ten-thirty and managed to cover most of the park before it rained and started to get cold. Amanda had a bad reaction to some medicine and spent the better part of the morning in the first aid tent. I went on the sickest roller coaster today, The Manta. The girls wanted to go on it and I almost chickened out but I went .
The Manta roller coaster sea world
   We waited on line for almost an hour and when we got to the top we got on another line. This one was short and we sat down in out seats. An attendant came by to bring down the shoulder harness and he gave it a little shake before he left. Then the seats tilted back. The top stayed where it was and the bottom tilted back so you looked at the ground. You then started to move forward. At this point I realized I'd made a mistake. Could I starting screaming like a little girl now and would they stop the ride and let me off or should I just grit my teeth and hope lunch and breakfast would stay where they belong. I'm the silent type so I grit my teeth.
  We went up the long incline looking down about three stories. At the top we did the usual swoosh down. This roller coaster left you feeling weightless for a moment, loved the feeling. then you felt like you were falling, like in one of those dreams. Then you swooshed up from the bottom and I'm going oh god, oh god, I hear my daughters screaming and having a good time and I realize as you get older you just realize that thrill rides are not any scarier you just realize it does happen rides do fail, kids don't.
  We do a loop  and a twist and we are coming into the home stretch and I'm thinking god don't go around again don't go around again and my girls are going Is that all? can we go again? that's not fair, lets go again.
  I get off all rubber legged glad that I survived and remembering that if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger and I felt, or would later feel stronger. My stomach would not recover and when it came to the Kracken later, which was not half as insane as the Manta, I would pass for fear of re3funding my recently purchased ice cream.
  It rained about mid day for about an hour and it got chilly and we left our jackets in the car and we got rid of our passes into the park figuring we didn't need them again, but to get out and get back in you needed a hand stamp and a ticket so we were S. O. L.
 We toughed it out until about seven when we all found some hoodies for around thirty dollars, which in any theme park is reasonable.
  We hung around for shamou at eight o'clock and the hoodies were money well spent, it got cold.
  Sea World did up Christmas in a big way and it was nice. I realized that sometimes I go around apologising for my holiday, no ones fault, but here it was christmas and it was Christs birthday and it was all over the park.
  We left the park at nine went looking for Cracker Barrel and either took a wrong turn or it was closed and the lights were out cause we could not find it. We ate at Applebees and it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment