Monday, September 21, 2009

Sunday recap 09-20-09


I just realized I wrote about Saturday twice, so I guess I really am repeating what we are doing over here. Well read both of them anyway I found them both interesting to read and a little repetitive. The story in the second one about Yulila is interesting and I did leave that out from the day that it happened about three days ago. I have been leaving out the dinner portion of our day because we go out to dinner with CJ and Fran and have mostly very good meals and relax and talk about the girls and their second son Max, who is coming up a little short when he uses the bathroom. That is bad enough, but he sometimes needs to change after he is done. He is about six years old and most kid out of the orphanage are mentally and emotionally few years behind. I don’t know if that is his problem or no one ever told him to clear the chamber after firing his weapon.
Today we told the girls that if they were good and ate everything they ordered from the Pit stop and were good today we would give them fruit. Nastia must have called a meeting last night because both of them were on the same page today. They both ordered less food and basically finished it and they were mostly good. We got them ice cream (Baskin Robins) after the Pit Stop and when we were at the park they acted pretty well and we gave them a little more space. So at the end of the day they got Fruit. Nastia wanted peaches and Elena wanted grapes, we did enie, meany, miney, moe and with two people just like on Seinfeld the one you start with is the one you end with. I still don’t know if that one is the loser or the winner. Well we got peaches and I threw in a few grapes for the two of them.
The day ended with Teri and I eating at the Hotel restaurant and it was a quick quiet dinner. CJ and Fran went to Kharabosky for the day.
Tomorrow and Tuesday, we will most likely not be able to see the girls because we will be tied up with paperwork. They become ours Tuesday and after that if we want we can keep them over night. What we plan to do is let them stay at the Orphanage until after their going away party on Thursday night and then take them to the hotel and leave I think on Friday for the Kharabosky airport and Moscow.
I got to see ESPN for a little while today in the Hotel, it was in English and they were doing a recap show. When I tuned in later the football game was in Russian.

1 comment:

  1. What happened to Nastia's hand, I must have missed that somewhere. And do the girls need clothes when you get back home? If you want some to be picked up let us know what and what sizes.

    ReplyDelete